Learning PHP is usually the first step in web programming. It is the largest and the most popular web programming language. It’s been around since the 90's and has powered the majority of popular websites including Digg, Facebook, Yahoo and every WordPress blog. Among all the server-side language or programming language used in developing a website and web application; PHP and MySQL are the preferred choice and used by most people around the world.
Introduction to PHP and MySQL
PHP (Hypertext Pre-processor) is a server-side scripting language and open source used in web development. Started in 1994 by Rasmus Lerdorf, it is one of most demanding technology in modern web. PHP syntax in inherited from C language. MySQL is a freely available open source Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) that uses Structured Query Language (SQL). SQL is the most popular language for adding, accessing and managing content in a database. The PHP and MySQL database provides a powerful, open, and free platform for developing web application and database driven websites in an easy manner. Its latest version is PHP 7.
Why to Learn PHP and MySQL?
PHP is a web-based programming language which is quick to learn, easily deployable and equipped with best suited functional aspects to design products like eCommerce websites, gallery, blog, forums easily and faster.
- Easy to Learn: This server-side scripting language is extremely easy to learn, as compared to other languages. Also, if you are familiar with the syntax of C or Perl, you will learn PHP quickly.
- Control: While other languages need long scripts, PHP can do the same work in a few lines of code; having the maximum control over the websites. Also, whenever you want to make changes, you can edit it easily.
- Cost efficient: PHP is open source, this is why it is free of cost.
- Efficient: It is a simple task to enhance the performance of the website built in PHP, as it is scalable when writing the code as well as reliable too at the time of dealing with a lot of web pages.
- Access to support: As PHP is being used by a huge number of people, so a large number of communities are available online. No need to worry even if you are stuck somewhere.
- Platform independent: Whether it is Windows, Mac OS, Linux or UNIX
- Supports all servers: PHP also supports all the major web servers; be it Apache or Microsoft IIS. It also supports Netscape and personal web server.
- Speed: PHP uses its own memory, so the workload of the server and loading time gets reduced automatically, which results in the faster processing speed. So, it reduces the development time when it comes to the web apps like eCommerce or CRM.
- Secured: It is one of the most secure ways of developing websites and web applications; as it has got a security layer to protect against viruses and threats
- Tested, proven and trusted: As it has been used for over 2 decades by millions of people, its capabilities have been tested and proven and thus trusted by the most developers.
- Dynamic Websites: We have moved from static to dynamic websites and PHP has made it easier for us to develop such dynamic websites.
How to Become a PHP Developer?
To be a PHP developer, you must have the knowledge of C and C++ and on the top of it you should have the basic understanding of object-oriented programming which is used to build a database. If you have the programming background, then it will be very easy for you to learn PHP language as you have already learned different programming languages previously such as C, C++, Java etc. People from different career backgrounds who want to switch as a web developer can also learn this language. There are a number of training institutes where they can learn PHP programming language to develop their own website or to seek a job in this field.
Role of a PHP Training Institute in becoming Professional PHP Developer
It is advisable to learn this web programming language from a Best PHP Training Center in Rohini because it will offer complete, practical training on basic to core modules of the latest version of PHP. ADMEC Multimedia Institute is one such institute which provides training package covering the most important techniques used to build dynamic websites with PHP and MySQL. Our certificate courses in PHP are best in the industry as we provide industry acceptable certification and the course- curriculum is designed by using our mentor’s expertise, skills, and on-the-job industry exposure.
With the growth of PHP development over the past few years, the career opportunities for professional developers has been increased. There are a lot of websites in the world which demands highly skilled PHP programmers to have a better web content and layout in order to attract the first-time visitors to the website and finally make them permanent visitors. In a nutshell, there is a huge scope for PHP programmers in the future to work in an organization or to work independently.